You must have heard of the now lucrative wifi market among mobile telecommunication providers ranging from MTN Mifi to Glo Mobile wifi. This gives a picture of Nigeria’s thirst for variety in the internet industry. If you can’t afford any of those Wifi gadgets like Glo’s that costs a whooping N20,000 don’t worry especially if you own an Android phone.
How to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot with your Android phone:
Its very easy to do and requires no technical knowledge.
1. Subscribe for a mobile internet data with any network you prefer.
2. Go to the Settings of your Android phone and select Wireless and Networks
3. You will then see another sub menu: Tethering and portable hotspot. Under this sub menu, my phone has a little description which reads: “Share your phone’s mobile data connection via USB or as a portable wifi hotspot.” Select this menu.
4. You now turn on the Portable wifi hotspot. Click on it to tick it good.
5. Under the Portable wifi hotspot you will see another menu Portable wifi hotspot settings -as pictured above.. Click on it for a quick configuration.
There you will set the desired name or Network ID for your new wifi hotspot. Mine is: www.mymobnet.com FreeWifi!
The drop-down menu under Security allows you to decide if you want your wifi to be open and accessible to any on range user. Choose this only if you want to share your mobile data with every interested user around you. If not, select the secured option or WPA2 PSK. Once this is selected, type in under it a protection Password at least eight characters.
Once you have finished these simple steps, make sure your Android phone wifi is turned on, retain the settings, you will see a blue wifi icon on top of your phone as I pictured, then your Android powered wifi is good to go! Use your PC or your wifi supported device to search for available networks, you will definitely see your mobile wifi, connect it. Mine works perfectly well with my Windows PC
Please do not forget to LIKE our Facebook™ page at the right hand panel (PC) or at the bottom of this page (Mobile)
(3268)Hope you enjoyed this post. Please follow us on Twitter @Mymobnet and LIKE our Facebook page at the left sidebar (PC) or below (Mobile) to stay updated in the happenings around the technology world! We can assist you faster via the Social media interactions!
How to convert or turn your Android mobile phone to a portable wifi hotspot,